Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Monday goodies/Wildlife Wednesday: Great egrets

Great egrets. Fierce. Graceful. Eaters of insects, fish, baby gators, snakes, frogs, small birds, and really just about anything.

Not eaters of people, and so great fun to watch.

I already did great blue herons, so I figured a Monday with great egrets was in order.

I had this all ready, but Blogger didn't want to do anything but throw my computer into a "Not responding" fit for two days. So now it's a combo Monday goodies and Wildlife Wednesday. Egrets are good for all occasions, no?









Hope you're all having a good week! What animal/pretty stuff/cool thing should I do next? Also, Species a Day write-ups and funny-kid posts coming.

5 comments:

Barbara said... Best Blogger Tips

These are all fabulous (as usual!! lol)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you!

Christina Wilsdon said... Best Blogger Tips

Very lovely. Not easy to get detail when the bird is white! Love their eyes.

Thérèse said... Best Blogger Tips

The egret from the third image is so graceful!
I did not check in your collection if you had already presented cormorans?

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Leslie: Thanks, lady. I always smile when I see your name in the comments.

Christina: Thank you! It is hard not to overexpose them. Trust me, for every one of these, there's a handful of crappily exposed ones.

Thérèse: That's a favorite of mine too! I used mostly new ones but I had to throw that one in. And no, I haven't done a post just devoted to cormorants. Look for them soon!