Friday, July 17, 2009

RIP Walter Cronkite

There's nothing I can possibly add to the tributes circulating tonight about this giant of journalism. Read here or here for nice articles on him, or here for a tribute from my alma mater. Really, he said it all himself. That's why he was so great. And I know from my brief, fleeting encounter with the man that he was generous, sincere, sharp and keenly interested in everyone with whom he crossed paths. That made him pretty great too. It makes me proud to be even a tangential member of the same profession.

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

P.S. I was enormously sleep-deprived, working like mad, and more than a little starstruck in this photo. Please excuse the unpresentability of the goofball on the left.

heather said... Best Blogger Tips

I think it's sweet, and I'm sure I would have looked like that too. He was a true role model.