25 Freakin' things about me:
1. I like the idea for this list, which is the only reason I'm doing it. I hate memes, as a rule. I know you've tagged me, and will continue tagging me, and want me to tag others. Bah humbug. I'm not tagging. Besides, I'm out of friends to tag.
2. Also, I don't mind doing this because it allows me to procrastinate. I procrastinate pathologically. (Below, one of the products of said procrastination. Real useful.)
3. I also multitask obsessively. It actually makes me much less productive.
4. I have three book/manuscript ideas in progress right now. I think they're all winners. None are near completion.
5. I'm changing the subject because my inability to be productive depresses me, so I'm going to avoid it now. I do that.
6. I never wear makeup. Ever. I really don't know how to apply makeup.
7. You know that dream where you realize you're in class with no pants on? I really did that. Yes, folks, I forgot to wear pants.
8. I'm having a hard time writing this list, as I discover there are very few things I don't share about myself. Perhaps this item would be that I overshare?
9. But that seems so weird to me, because in demeanor I am an extremely private person.
10. I guess it's that I'm blunt and straight-forward. I actually see brutal bluntness as a positive trait, and am proud of it in myself.
11. My husband does not share my opinion of blunt, brutal honesty.
12. No. 11 keeps our marriage interesting, to say the least.
13. I didn't see Star Wars until 6th or 7th grade, but I pretended to know all about it before then because a guy I liked loved it. (I love it now.)
14. I once sneaked onto a construction site to use the portable toilet. (14b: I'm ridiculously proud that I know to say "sneaked" and not "snuck.")
15. I trim the skin around my nails compulsively. I've already done it twice today.
16. I worry for a big part of every day that I'm really a total failure, and just managing to fool everyone. Sometimes I worry that I'm not fooling anyone and they're just being nice.
17. If I had a superpower, it would be the power to freeze time. I've actually had extensive conversations about this.
18. I just talked to an old friend to congratulate him on a milestone. I used to have this huge unrequited crush on the guy, and unlike other crushes, told no one. He's still hot, but there's nothing now.
19. I used to be Republican, but I'm not anymore.
20. I used to get my nails done, but I don't anymore.
21. I have a gym membership, but I don't really go anymore.
22. I love carbonated drinks. If I could buy carbonated milk, I would.
23. At one point in my life, I said I'd never want kids. I literally can't put myself back in that mindset. It's like trying to remember not being able to read. I just can't conjure it.
24. I just thought of a couple of things not everyone knows about me, but they're not going out to the Internet at large. Sorry.
25. I haven't eaten a proper meal all day. I tend not to when I'm alone, but I'm obsessed with cooking/eating proper meals as a family.
26. (Bonus thing): I promise (you, myself) my next blog entry will not be a list. I'm swearing them off for at least two weeks.
There. You officially all know way too much about me. Like I said, I ain't tagging. But if you've shared yours, post a link. I'm kind of addicted to reading the lists.