Tuesday, March 20, 2007

So now I'm one of "them"...

"Them" being the multitudinous cretins who publish blogs to log the everyday minutiae of life. "Them" being practitioners of "so I ate a bagel today ... not as good as the onion ones I used to have ... why do you think bagels have holes?" drudgery.

Ugh.

I was sure my level of conceit would never quite reach this level. But I've been urged to publish a "writer's blog," whatever that is. And today, after the third time in a few hours encountering pivotal information on folks' wonderful blogs, I'm gaining a new respect for the form. Plus, I am looking for every possible way to meet new people and discover new possibilities in my magazine and longer-form writing. (More on my writing tomorrow, or maybe actually today, since it is currently the wee hours.) And double plus, it's in the writing that I discover what to really write about, so maybe I can discover a little of that here. (Lucky you -- you can read all my stuff in a really sucky proto-form! Yay!)

In the meantime, please visit my website at www.geocities.com/khosey1 -- I'm a freelance reporter, magazine writer, student, mom, and sometime amateur photographer, and the site contains samples or stories about these varied pursuits.

Welcome to my corner (molecule?) of the blogosphere.

1 comments:

wlturland said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kimberly! I'm also a student and a mom, though I'm a photographer rather than a writer. I was using Google's blog search to see if I could find anyone out there with the whole "mom-student-artist" thing rockin' before starting my own blog on that bend (bent?). I currently have a blog for my knitting, but that's not really all that exciting. I'm glad I found you floating out here in the blogosphere and here's hoping many more comments (all of the good) come your way.